Any feast is well begun with a starter which is crispy, juicy and filled with flavours. Paneer popcorn is a superb starter or an evening snack. Children who refuse to take milk can be given paneer snacks. Paneer is rich in protein and other nutrients. Paneer from milk or Tofu – paneer from soya milk can be used for all paneer recipes. Paneer popcorn is a chat-patta snack liked by both children and adults which can be prepared very easily at home.
RED CHILLY POWDER
½ TSP (GARLIC PASTE CAN BE USED)
2 BREAD CRUSHED
FOR DEEP FRYING
RED CHILLI POWDER
HOW TO MAKE
- Slice the paneer into small cubes (1 cm) and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add chilly powder, pepper, garlic powder, chopped coriander, 3tbsp maida and 3 tbsp corn flour. Mix them very well.
- To this dry-mix , add the paneer cubes and toss very well.
- Take out the powder coated paneer to another plate.
- Add 2 tbsp of cornflour and maida to a bowl along with curd, soya sauce and sufficient water. Blend them together with a spatula creating a thick but perfect smooth batter for coating the paneer pieces.
- Dip the paneer cubes in the batter then coat it with bread crumbs.
- Then as the oil is hot, fry the coated pieces on a medium flame.
- Separate the golden fried crunchy paneer popcorns into a bowl.
- For special seasoning, in a bowl mix all the ingredients of table 2 and blend them very well.
- Dust this new masala onto the fried paneer popcorn, so it would become a more tangy sweet taste to the taste buds.
- Any dip say garlic sauce or tomato sauce can be used.